Team One Credit Union held its Annual Donald Pilon Commemorative Golf Outing benefiting the American Cancer Society on Friday, July 16th. This year, golfers and volunteers at the event helped Team One donate over $2,000 to the American Cancer Society.
According to Jocelyn Hall from the American Cancer Society, the money raised from this year’s golf outing will enable the organization to:
- Pair 20 breast cancer patients with a survivor trained by the American Cancer Society who can provide emotional support and answer questions while that patient is undergoing treatment.
- Offer 664 hours of toll-free access to the National Cancer Information Center, a 24-hour service available to anyone seeking answers and help on cancer treatment options and local cancer resources.
- Provide 51 cancer patients with eight round trips to their treatments.
- Allow two patients and their families to stay for 10 days at the Hope Lodge while the patient is undergoing treatment.
- Give 10 women the opportunity to be a part of the ‘Look Good...Feel Better’ program.
- Supply researchers with 6,500 test tubes for research involving promising anticancer medications and the study of tumor growth.
Team One is pleased to have been able to donate over $8,000 over the last four years from its annual golf outing to further the American Cancer Society’s quest to cure cancer.